It's one thing to read about spring boot, spring data JPA and other technology. It's even better to generate a short, self-contained, correct ready-to-run example quickly. Thomas Surmann's Bootify.io web application is fabulous for learning or starting a new application.
Come learn about the SaaS web application Bootify.io, the "Best developer experience for starting Spring Boot apps ‐ best practices included."
We'll discuss and work through the following (bring your laptop if you'd like to play along):
- A tour of the free tier of great SaaS that is Bootify.io
- Generating many to many relationships with JPA (spring data)
- h2Database.com - Quick & easy all Java Database with an easy-to-use web console
- Then we'll swap h2 out for PostgreSQL.
- API generation with swagger (OpenAPI) using Bootify
- Thymeleaf GUI that sits alongside the APIs
- HTMX.org is an excellent (language-neutral) way to mix AJAX into your application for single-page app-like interactivity.
- We'll do all the
mvn installwork in the cloud -- no heavy downloads on wifi. How? We'll demo two cloud development environments.
- See how quick & easy it is to use GitPOD.io's free tier. GitPOD.io is a cloud development environment that makes it easy to explore a GitHub repository.
- See how quick & easy GitHub's Codespaces are to use. Currently, GitHub gives away "up to 60 hours a month free" of Codespaces to each user.
We'll use the sample repo https://github.com/payne/team2 that was created in minutes using Bootify.io.
The short link for this presentation is MattPayne.org/bootify.